Friday, July 17, 2009

Open Up Your Mind and See Like Me a.k.a. My Nose Is Itchy

Loved Jason's post today.

Which fits nicely into my new found mantra : Love Life, Not Stuff.

At the last estimation, I have over 30 pairs of shoes and countless sandals; more than 75% of which I hardly wear. Some are still unworn, brand new. So tell me again why I need to go buy another pair?

Years ago I would've replied with my 'black heels aren't just black heels' speech. I actually had as many as five pairs of black heels under my office desk so I had my options and can change my shoes as I fancy throughout my day. Today, I think I've learnt to appreciate that shoes are shoes, I can buy them as a replacement to an worn-out pair, not as an addition to my collection because it looks pretty.

On receiving, I very much agree that sometimes it is not easy to just 'accept' things; he is right, the generosity of others can be overwhelming, uncomfortable.

I am very conscious when friends or other people pay for my lunch etc. If it's a special occasion, that's a different story. There's always that tiny feeling of uneasiness, the closest that I can describe it is 'guilt' (why guilt? I don't know).

I guess apart from practicing gratitude, I have to learn the practice of receiving as well. Giving is even more noble, and I believe in what is said that 'let your left hand know not what your right hand is doing'. Or something like that :)


"Words and pictures make the best souvenirs for any adventure"

- I cannot agree with you more, Mr Mraz :), and thank you for these language lessons : abre los ojos; besos y abrasos.

*scratching nose*

No comments:

Post a Comment