Thursday, July 23, 2009

I've Got Nothing But Love...

I've been wanting to post this so many times.

So today is the Day.

Have you actually read Jason's dedication and thank-you's in his album WSWDWST?

I did so sometime a little while back in May. It wasn't that easy to read (it's not J's handwriting by the way), so it took me some time to write it out, so I can treasure it for posterity.

Here goes:

"Max Gratitude to Martin Terefe for believing in this project from the start and into the celebration. Thanks for treating me as one of the kings. I wholeheartedly wish to thank Sam Riback for sharing the vision, encouraging the best songs, and holding down the fort while I went swimming. Thank you Bill Silva, Aya Taguchi, Ryan Chisolm, and everyone at BSM for the telescopic view that puts me in the centre of the universe. You always make me feel most awesome. Krazy thanks to Dyre Gormsen, Sacha Skarbek, Mike Dixon, Darling Nici, Kaptain Iain & the Kensaltown Kings; and to everyone likely standing at the K Bar right now. This rekord is yours. All my awe goes to Tony Maserati for the marvellous mix. He lives in outer space and I am jealous. Thanks for introducing me to a new super dynamic! God bless all the musicians and singers. Especially those who didn't get paid for playing all the stuff that doesn't appear on the album. I want to slap palms right now with Andy Karp, Craig Kallman, and everyone at Atlantic for watching my back. I love the love you give. Thank you Lyor Cohen, John Esposito, Julie Greenwald, Dane Venable, Mike Easterlin, Lina Tortella, Cindy Z, Jack Mc Morrow, Adam Abramson, Sheila Bachman, Camille Hackney, Jonathan Feldman, Torsten Luth, Rie Fujiwara, Max Lousada, Gregg Nadd, Kevin Wearer, Danielle Bond, Craig Rosen and Anne De Clemente. David Saslow, Brian Corona, Lany Alessandrini. I owe a great deal of groveling to the dancing feet of David Shrigley for his generous talent, devilish doodles and wise words. I'm happy to have stolen from you. Naked hugs for designer Greg Burke, photographer Bill Zelman, Style Counsel Brandy St John, and freestyler Tawney Bevacqua. Thank you Dan Wilson for being a mentor. Thank you Cat Bramhall for being honest, gracious and gentle. It was my pleasure loving and learning from Abigail Kornstein. Thanks be to Adam Aspelin and KUCD in Honolulu for checking out the Youtube love on 'I'm Yours' and sharing it with our friends in the islands. Mahalo. Also this record would not have been the same without love from David Davidson, Carlos Sosa and the horny horns, Chris Gehringer & Chris Athens at Sterling Sound, the Drunken Penguin - Andy Gerard, the Hot Rosie Scott, Billy Galewood, Noel Rivera, Jarrod Allen, Jennifer Sheridan, James Morrisson, Michael Blue, Colbie Caillat, Tim Fagan, Midwest Jessica Schroeder, Bob Schneider, Brett Dennan, Chris Keup, Roxanne & Mark Bowen, Rita Ora, Dawn Kinnard, Josie Taylor, Eric Hinojosa, Adam King, Ian Sheridan, Tricia Huffman, Jerry Lindahl & Robbie Robinson at Sounden Studios, Kevin Monahan, Mcflow, Raining Jane, Voicez of Prayze, Nick Caston, Tyler Huff & the Sand Diego Crispy Team, Holmes, our 2007 Thanksgiving Dinner guests and my loving family of course. And thanks be to Jonathan Adelman/Paradigm; Emma Banks & Randy Salcedo/CAA London. Nancy Chapman, Patty De Francesco, Teresa Polyak, Seth Lichtenstein, Galinda Braga, Sandy Miller, Jaret Gill, Phil Daniels, Bob Borbonus & Taylor Guitars. Your support gives my music the freedom of flight. And of course I've got nothing but love for the listener. Aloha.
WE SING. WE DANCE. WE THANK YOU. "

Phew!


I LOVE the love you give :)

2 comments:

  1. Aloha,

    Me again. I've read it back in March when I just got the album fresh from Speedy. That's not his handwriting? But the picture of him is nice. It would be a HOT mugshot, that's for sure.

    Btw, can i have your email address? So that I can email you my address. But I'm a bit confuse here, you want my house address or my email address?

    Anys, thank you so much. Aud is short for Audrey ke?

    Live high,
    Nad..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nad,

    I didn't realise my email was hidden. Duh. It's audmraz@gmail.com

    You can forward me yr house/mailing address so I send the pendrive by mail :) Have to go and buy one first since the whole file is just under 3GB.

    Yupp that would be my first name :)

    AxM

    ReplyDelete