Thursday, April 9, 2009

You and I Both

I first got to know Jason through You and I Both many many years ago. Saw him on TV (MTV?) and I thought : very cool song, funny video (bank "heist", in his very 70's light blue suit), what a cute guy. 

The verse -

And it's okay if you have to go away
Oh just remember the telephone works both ways
And if I never ever hear them ring
If nothing else I'll think the bells inside
Have finally found you someone else and that's okay
Cause I'll remember everything you sang


- was stuck to and played in my head like a broken record.

Later, came The Remedy. In 2005, from his second album, Geek in the Pink and Wordplay.

They didn't even sell his album here locally then. Little did I know that he had other fantastic songs on the 2 albums. And that he toured extensively, performing live with the band; without; and sometimes with only Toca. These I discovered much later through Youtube and various sites discussing the man and his music.

I'm Yours introduced Jason to the rest of the world last year, and the rest, as the saying goes, is history. He should've gotten that Grammy instead of Mayer.


Live in EBS Space, Korea, accompanied by Toca. Circa July 2006 (?). Wish they have this performance as a live album.

So, this song holds a special place in my archive. Still loving it to this date.

AxM

No comments:

Post a Comment