Thursday, June 25, 2009

With Love and In Gratitude, Undivided

I simply must re-produce this from Jason's blog:

What Sleep?
Everyday a fly day
From a plane seat into promo into show
Into another late night made new.
Cases about, bag unpacked in a way that words fall out.
And then as it is, it is past 3am and
The Scandinavian nightshade is drawn loose.
The day is long and full of light.
The day is long and I am hardly full.
On this day, I am kept alive on love alone.
Seen often as the beauty that so many wonderful souls dare share,
A light cast in hoopshine as it spins around friends,
My community of Saturns.
A light not unlike moonglow
Seen from space as a safe and familiar place.
A soft spell cast from a montage of faces.
A light like hers radiates from parted lips.
Though I have not witnessed its welcome dip in more than a month
She is burned into my mind
Better than any shape or song I could memorize.
What light!

Fondness rode the swings over Tivoli and I was elated
Sincerity slipped another sunrise into watery eyes
Train stations spit citizens back onto the streets
And I am still not asleep.

Life has my attention
Undivided.


Simply beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment